Monday, December 26, 2011

Sabella Tsiopani's "The Perfect Peahen"

I recently came across some illustrations done by Sabella Tsiopani for her self-published children's book "The Perfect Peahen" on her blog. They are stunning! Vibrantly beautiful, poetic and just a visual treat. I love the bright colors, the geometric shapes and the textured quality of the illustrations. I hope to order the book soon even though it is a children's book.

I also love the fact that it is about a peahen, rather than a peacock. Besides the fact that I am a little bit biased towards the female sex, I also feel that peacocks always steal the glory!

These are three of my favorite images ( from her blog):














  



















I really wanted to enlarge them so they filled my entire computer screen and just look at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment